Happy 1st Birthday

So this time last year, my very best friend gave us a very worrisome week. With her baby shower planned (and if you know me...planned for weeks and weeks to the finest detail) for Saturday 16th February, we planned to celebrate and prepare for the next 4 weeks of anticipation. However, baby girl had other ideas. On February 6th, whilst in work, I received a text to say Claire had been admitted to hospital. A long 6 days later (and 5 days before the baby shower) Layla Grace arrived. A bundle of perfection, I instantly fell in love with this little lady. The baby shower went ahead with an additional VIP guest.

                       
Our first meeting....


                        
Our VIP guest...

One Year on...

Today, we celebrate Layla turning 1! A few weeks ago, Claire text to ask if I would be up for doing a 'Cake Smash' photo session. I had no clue what a cake smash was but after a quick Pinterest search, I quickly signed up for what looked to be an unmissable slice of fun.

So for all of you, who like me, had no clue what a cake smash is, let me explain. Cake Smash is a set of photos that celebrates babies turning into toddlers on their 1st birthday by...well...smashing up a birthday cake. I researched setting up a backdrop, lighting, camera settings and anything else that would ensure Claire would have at least one good shot to take home.

Here are the results and I'm sure you agree how much easier it is to take great photos when your subject is this cute!







































Happy Birthday Layla Grace

Love Aunty
:: BOBS ::

Comments

  1. Amazing work Robyn!!!! Gorgeous photos! Emotional stuff these babas! Xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts