Holi One Festival - Manchester

Wow, what exciting photos I have for all you lovely blog visitors!

A couple of weeks ago, a Facebook friend tagged me in a post that she thought was up my street. It was advertising for budding photographers and videographers to apply to capture the Holi festival.

At the start of July, my friend Lou and I complete the Color Run (and no, color doesn't have a u in the title!). I really felt it was such a missed opportunity for me to be snapping away however I did run with my trusty lil iphone and caught a few fabulously colourful moments. For those who don't know what the Color Run is, it's a 5km run where after each km you have a different coloured powder paint thrown at you! It was so much fun...






Well...following the run and after seeing the advert, I applied. I sent a link to my Blog and Bobtale's FB page (did I mention we have a Facebook Page now?! Get me!). A few hours later, I received a reply to say I was on the list of photographers! I was thrilled.

Now if you know me and my planning skills, you'll know that I would have gone into a whole hive of homework and research. Unfortunately, this lead me into a blind panic and stress. Let me explain...
  1. I read blogs of photographers who had photographed Color Runs and had their cameras ruined to irreparable states from the fine paint dust. :: I COULD END UP RUINING MY CAMERA ::
  2. I then had to travel, park, and locate ON MY OWN where I was meant to be going PLUS walk around a festival all on my own all day. :: I WON'T KNOW ANYONE AND MAY NEVER FIND WHERE I AM MEANT TO BE ::
  3. Then the M56 was causing crazy traffic jams. :: I MAY NEVER EVEN GET THERE ::
  4. Then the weather...thunderstorms, torrential rain... :: DROWNED RAT ALERT ::
These may seem silly to most, but for the newbie that I am, these kept me awake from 4am on Saturday morning. So, Saturday I got up, went to yoga hoping that it would generate calm and confidence and with a determination to JUST DO IT!

I am so glad that I did!


It was a blast. I gained so much confidence, took some photos that I am unbelievably proud of and different to anything else I have ever done whilst also making some new photography friends (Check out Manchester Street Photography).

So here is a selection of what you've all been scrolling down to...Enjoy!


CHECK OUT FACEBOOK FOR MANY MORE PHOTOS!










































:: BOBS ::

Comments

Popular Posts