My Blessings

So where do I begin? Or rather what do I tell you that you will find the slightest bit interesting. 

Well I am a daughter, friend and most recently, a wife. 

2013 was especially memorable as I married my Mr S. We have dated since I was 18 having met whilst working part-time when studying at university. They say opposites attract but I believe it is a balance, a yin and yang! He is tidy, I am not. He is logical, I am a dreamer. He is great at maths, I am not. I am creative, he is not. He is a saver, I am a spender. Etc etc etc. But it works, and somehow by having what the other lacks we both have grown together too. 

Strangely, when planning our wedding day, we were on the same page. From flowers, to suits to cars - there was never a debate, we wanted the same thing. Maybe it proved we'd reached the right time to be married as we were perfectly balanced. 

       

I am also the daughter, and dare I say it, an only child (ah I can hear the spoilt comments flying through the wifi!) of the most wonderful mama and papa I could've ever dreamed up! 
Quite often when you say you are an only child (or 'enfant unique' I remember having to say over and over again in year 7 French class) people automatically associate you with the term spoilt. 

v. spoiled or spoilt, spoil•ing, v.t.

1. to damage or harm severely; ruin: The tear spoiled the delicate fabric.
2. to impair the quality of; affect detrimentally: Bad weather spoiled our vacation
3. to impair the character of (someone) by excessive indulgence.

I don't believe I am any of the above. However, I do consider myself to be blessed. And the first blessings are my parents and my husband. My m+p have always given me what I needed and always loved and supported me. They mean the world to me. I chose to keep my maiden name as I will always be a part of our little team. #teamhoward

         

Another blessing is my nan. My second mother. The lady that keeps everybody going, the clogs of the family ticking and turning. She certainly is an inspiration to us all. x x 

                                       

And where would I be without friends. The siblings I chose for myself. Choosing my maid of honour was never going to be a hard task. 

I met Claire on my first day of uni (her second, as I'd missed the official first day due to a delayed flight!). We both joke now that we both thought quietly to ourselves that we weren't best suited to be friends, "she's not my type of person," Claire would quote! Yet 9 years later, she is the most thoughtful and kind friend (not to mention such a yummy mummy to little bobs!) I could wish for. She made my wedding planning and celebrating a great and fun time and had everything covered. 

           

Then there is Lou Lou Love Hart! She is talented, flawlessly fashionable and the person who is always at the end of a phone when I need her. She is a fellow pinterest addict and our iMessage feeds are usually filled with images of recent purchases, outfit inspirations or plans of what to wear for our next outing. She works her (stylish) socks off constantly however always manages to be there for a chat or fashion consult! 
However, there would be no Lou without Charles. Charles and I met through our other halves and then through Charles I met Lou. We are a troublesome trio! Charles is the one that usually says what the rest of us are thinking whether she means to or not. The one that brings us laughs with her humour and her antics and who is a wonder mum to the beautiful Lilly and Jacob. However I will never forgive her for making me wear a shellsuit (a shiny tracksuit from the 80s) on my hen party...ever! 

         

Finally, I have a secondary family. A family that although we are an ocean apart, are the most wonderful family I could have ever asked for. But that story is for another post. 

       


So rather than being spoilt, I feel I am blessed. I have a lot of wonderful things in my life but I am grateful for each and every one of them. 

:: BOBS :: 

   
   

Comments

  1. LOVED reading this! Myself and Andy are exactly the same as you described yourself and Mr. S! It just works! Looking forward to your updates! X

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts